The government has issued a gazette notification imposing another strict lockdown across the country till April 28 to control the spread of the deadly virus.
The Cabinet Division issued the gazette notification on Tuesday noon about the lockdown that will be effective from April 21 midnight.
According to the gazette notification, garment and other factories will remain open during the lockdown, maintaining health guidelines.
Some of the 13 directives of the gazette notification are mentioned below.
1. All government, semi-government and private offices and financial institutions will remain closed. However, air, sea, naval and landports and related offices will remain out of the purview of the lockdown.
2. The Bangladesh Supreme Court will issue necessary directions for the courts.
3. Movement of all types of transport (road, sea, domestic and international flights) will remain suspended. However, this order will not be applicable for transportation of goods, production system and emergency services.
4. Factories will continue to operate under their own managements following the hygiene rules. However, it is necessary to ensure that the workers will be brought and taken from their own transport managements.
5. Law and order and emergency services, such as agricultural inputs (fertilizers, seeds, pesticides, agricultural machinery, etc.), food grains and food transport, relief distribution, healthcare, Covid-19 vaccination, electricity, water, gas / fuel, fire services, ports ( Land, river and seaport) activities, telephone and internet (public-private) services, media (print and electronic media), offices related to other urgent goods and services including postal services, their employees and vehicles will remain out of the purview of the lockdown.